Maker blog entries
I've used photoshop to create a mock image of the product in use.
Images of final model.
I have made a storyboard to go along with the model to show how the product is used.
Once the paper mâché was dried on my model, I began to add colour with spray paint. However the spray paint was going slightly transparent so the newspaper was still showing through. I decided to use red acrylic paint to cover the model and then use the spray paint again over the top to get the glossy finish on the model.
I made the originally planned shape out of the sponge and clown shoe but there was a few parts that didn't quite work or fit together, some parts needed covered, so I thought it would be best to cover it with paper mache as I could build up a better shape with this. The shoe will also be a more solid structure with this as it was quite flimsy before and couldn't keep its shape very easily.
I started off by making a cardboard model to figure out the basic shapes of the design. I came up with a basic shoe with the end of the shoe being shaped into a boxing glove. The shape almost reminded me of a clown shoe so I thought it could be useful to use this as a base to work around when making my final model.